#PageList1 {text-align: center}

08 July 2014

DIY: Tesselete necklace

 

It seems that my projects keep piling up, I am coming up with new ones and I am not finishing up any of the old ones... While browsing the net I found this J Crew necklace and absolutely loved it, however it is not available for sale anymore, so if I wanted to have something similar, I would have to make one! So once again, I looked for tutorials and found this one at Cait makes things. I followed it, with just a few changes, first, and since I had enough beads, I was able to have the two singles where we attach the chain. 

The  materials I used:
55 6mm rice beads
54 eye pins and 1 head pin
Cutters and pliers




My changed version of the necklace schematic:

Schematic adapted from cait makes things

And get to it! 
Here´s the necklace so far:



My rice beads are much smaller than the originals, so it somehow looses the statement necklace effect, but it still is a pretty necklace...! I have to find larger rice beads and try to make a larger version! 


I hope you enjoyed it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...